Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Kissed Lips: A Review


I don't know about you guys, but I am itching for it to be Spring already! I've about had enough of my all-black NYC ensembles and tights. In an effort to brighten up things a bit, I stopped by Saks Fifth Avenue after work and picked up this limited edition lipstick called Kissed Lips from Laura Mercier's new Spring 2012 Lingerie Collection.




Kissed Lips is a "Sheer Lip Colour" lipstick described as a "fresh coral-pink"; and I have to agree. It leans more pink on my fair skin, making it more wearable for me than a true coral.


From left to right: 2 swatches, 1 swatch


It has a slightly glossy finish, making it extremely wearable and flattering. The one setback, however, is its ability to accentuate flaws in your lips - primarily dryness. You can see how the lipstick has adhered to a few of my dry spots in the picture. It's a little high maintenance in this winter weather as you need to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, but come Spring/Summer when the weather is nice and my skin isn't nearly falling off I think this lipstick will be a mainstay in my rotation.


Result of two swipes


Overall, the lipstick felt comfortable on my lips, wore nicely, and truly was a flattering shade on my pale skin. For someone who struggles to find a coral-ish lipstick that doesn't clash with my skin tone, this lipstick undoubtably is a gem and will be a quick and easy way to brighten up my look come Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment